Personal Data Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd, will collect and use your personal data for provision of services, cookies, complaints etc.
Why does Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a funeral service, we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd would contact you for separate consent, usually at time of arrangement.
Will Organisation Name share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Read more about how and why we use your data on our website http://roseberryfuneralservice.co.uk/about-roseberry-funeral-services/policies/
Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
The full name of our company is Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd trading as Roseberry Funeral Service, 3 Coatham Road, Redcar, Cleveland, TS10 1RH.
How to contact us
FAO Managing Director
Roseberry Funeral Service
3 Coatham Road
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
• Information about who you are e.g. your name, and your contact details
• Information about your deceased relative or friend e.g. their name, age, religion, doctor, occupation, next of kin etc.
• Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
• Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your deceased relative or friend e.g. health, marital or civil partnership status. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the service that you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
• Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applicants or beneficiaries for products you have with us, such as funeral plans
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- online enquiry form for a product or service
- phone conversations with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- meetings with one of our Funeral Directors or funeral assistants
- Pre-paid funeral information from plan providers
If your deceased relative/friend has a funeral plan, the information we collect, and use will most likely have been provided by them.
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as Care homes and hospitals e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
• you have given us your permission to send you information about products and services and / or selected third parties we have chosen to work with which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you
• it’s necessary to provide the product or service you have requested e.g. if you want to apply for a funeral plan, we will require some personal information including your name, address, date of birth, bank account details
• it’s in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. sharing information with Hospital, Mortuary, Cemetery Office, Crematorium, Funeral Ministers, Stationery provider etc.
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for’.
These third parties include:
• Cemetery/Crematorium office
• Coroners office
• Church Minister, Humanist and Celebrants
• Donation recipients
• Nursing Homes/Hospices
• Companies that you chose to support us in the delivery of the funeral services such as, newspapers, organists, florists, refreshment providers, vehicle providers, embalmers etc.
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- In order to contact you to make funeral arrangements & to fulfil the funeral service.
- Our legal basis for processing of the personal data
- Fulfilment of the funeral service
- Confirmation Letters
- Administration of accounts
- Donation acknowledgement letters – for the purpose of collecting, sending and administrating donations raised following a funeral
- Legal services – for the pursuit of non-payment of accounts
- Crematorium – processing the funeral booking
- Cemetery – processing the funeral booking
- Contacting a nominated celebrant, humanist or clergy – processing the funeral booking
- Contacting a musician – processing the funeral booking
- Contacting a Printer – processing any orders of service or other literature required for the funeral booking
- Contacting Safe Hands Funeral Plans Ltd and any other plan provider you may have an agreement with – processing the funeral booking
- Stonemason – processing a memorial headstone order
- Doctors – required by law for a cremation
- Coroners – required by law for anyone under the care of the Coroner
- Newspapers – processing the funeral booking if required
- Contacting care homes – information required about deceased and client to forfill funeral booking
- Hospitals (bereavement centres and mortuaries) – process the collection of deceased and required paperwork
- Contacting other funeral directors – required should deceased be resting with another funeral director
- Contacting repatriation services (ALBA through ourselves or if deceased is “Out of England”, the repatriation service from your insurance.
- Contacting Insurance companies – processing funeral with repatriations or client invoicing
- Contacting solicitors – processing of payment information on behalf of client
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Roseberry Funeral Services Ltd to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us to update your preferences.
Where your information is processed
All of your information is processed in the UK or EEA.
Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, we take additional steps to ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied by UK / EEA data privacy laws e.g. we will put in place legal agreements with our third-party suppliers to ensure they meet these obligations.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Roseberry Funeral Service uses your information. They are:
- Right to be informed
• Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you.
• Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
• Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Roseberry Funeral Service to continue to have it.
• Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
• Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way. For example, if you were moving your funeral plan to another provider.
• Right to object
You can object to Roseberry Funeral Service processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests; for direct marketing; and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
How to make a complaint
We will always strive to collect, use and safeguard your personal information in line with data protection laws. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Roseberry Funeral Service (or third parties described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority Roseberry Funeral Service.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Roseberry Funeral Service
3 Coatham Road
Telephone: 01642 756324
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113